Confessions of a Mouskaholic’s 30 Day Disney Challenge
Within the 1.2 miles of the World Showcase at Epcot there are 11 countries, and something for just about everyone. There are shows, attractions, live music, shopping, and enough food and drink to make anyone want to be rolled out of Epcot!
For me, I love just about EVERYTHING in the World Showcase, and think that each country’s pavilion is special and unique in its own way. This maybe the hardest decision I’ve made yet in the 30 day challenge. My top two finalists are Mexico and Japan, and after much consideration, I’ve concluded that Mexico is my favorite pavilion.
There are several reasons that Mexico is my favorite-
* There is a ride. Many of the pavilions do not have a ride, rather a movie or other attractions. The ride may be a little cheesy, BUT it’s one of my husbands favorites, and I just love watching him get excited about it! (Added bonus there is never a line for the ride!)
* The inside of the pavilion is just beautiful. I love the feeling of the open air market and how it is set up with individual “puestos” or stands.
* There are two amazing table service restaurants, as well as a quick service restaurant in this location. (To read my review of San Angel Inn and La Hacienda de San Angel, Click Here)
* La Cava del Tequila offers the best margaritas on Disney property (at least in my opinion!) I love love love margaritas. They are probably my all time favorite libation. They have an amazing pineapple margarita that I look forward to on every trip! They offer flights of tequila and small plates (for a more intimate experience check out “Wind Down” at La Cava del Tequila.) AND Neil Patrick Harris is a semi-frequent visitor at La Cava. It is my dream to meet him there sometime haha!
* Inside La Cava del Tequila there is a really cool mural that shows the process of how Tequila is made, and there is a representative from Tequila Mexico on hand who will explain the process of how tequila is made from the agave plants. I think it is fascinating, and a great cultural experience.
* In addition to all the fabulous things you can see inside there pyramid, there are additional puestos outside as well as meet and greets with Donald Duck (my hubby’s favorite character) and live mariachi music.
I think this is one of the most well rounded countries in the world showcase! There is so much to do and see! Amazing food, amazing drinks, culture… this pavilion has it all!