Hello Mouskaholics! On Monday we talked about magic bands and how they’re shaping the future at Walt Disney World. Click here to read Monday’s article
One of the hottest trends in magic band fashion is customizing your magic band! My husband I decided to customize our magic bands when we got them for our trip in August. I am a person who likes to research, so I did my homework on the best way to customize our magic bands. I saw tutorials on painting them, and I saw that I could purchase charms to go on them, BUT the easiest way that I found to customize our magic bands was to order “Cover Bands” from DVC Central. For only $6 per coverband Craig and I were able to pick unique designs for our magic bands! They were awesome and we both got tons of compliments on them!
What I liked about the coverbands-
1) They were waterproof! I knew that the magic band itself was waterproof and that I couldn’t go swimming. I was a little skeptical about going into the water with my magic band with the coverband on, BUT it definitely held up! I went swimming multiple times on our trip and there was absolutely no lifting of any sort!
2) It was easy to apply. I was able to very easily apply the coverband to my magic band. It is essentially a sticker (A high quality one!) so you just peel it off of the paper and stick it right on the magic band!
3) It was a fast way to customize my magic band! I was able to add the coverband to my magic band in less that 1 minute. (I saw a lot of ways to customize that involved painting etc and were pretty time intensive)
4) There are TONS of designs! Craig and I had a lot of fun looking through the designs! It was really hard to decide what we wanted for our coverbands because there were so many options!
5) They aren’t too expensive! In the grand scheme of a Disney trip, $6 per band to customize isn’t that expensive at all! Especially when you compare it to the fancy magic bands they sell when you get there or even the little charms and accessories they sell for them! In my mind it was $12 well spent for our two magic bands! I absolutely plan to get more for when I travel for the marathon in January!!!
SOOOOOO… now that I’ve gone on and on about how AWESOME DVC Coverbands are, it’s time for a Giveaway!!! DVC has graciously given me two sets of coverbands to giveaway!!!
Both sets of coverbands are from their new holiday line! The First, Damask Tree Band Pack set includes 5 coverbands and has a value of $25.00. The second is their Christmas Light set includes 3 coverbands and has a value of $15.00. Entering is simple! To enter, like my facebook page, like Michelle at Marvelous Mouse Travels facebook page, and like DVC Coverband’s facebook page! It’s that simple! Feel free to share the contest with your friends too!