So many of us start the year with New Years resolutions and goals. I began my year with 6 specific goals in mind, many of them are Disney Related- Click here to read my original Resolutions post.
To stay on track, I think it’s important to do a check every so often to see where you are. So today I want to check in and hold myself accountable to my 2017 goals.
- Be Healthier in 2017. For me this was about both physical and mental fitness. As far and physical fitness has gone, I have logged my food that I’ve eaten on “MyFitnessPal.com” for the past 31 days, and am down about 13 pounds since I weighed myself on New Year’s Eve. I am proud of this accomplishment and plan to keep going on my path to a healthier weight. As far as mental fitness, I’ve definitely taken some steps to improve my mental health. I am working on being less apologetic (for things that I don’t need to apologize for), being more assertive, and have even said “no” to a few things. These are all still works in progress, but things that I’m committed to sticking with and continuing to work on.
- Blog More- I slacked off A LOT towards the end of 2016 with my blogging. In January I did 11 posts, where between August and December of 2016 I did 1 post… so I’m off to a good start! I just need to keep my momentum up. Talking about Disney is one of my favorite things, so I just want to keep making sure that I make the time for what I enjoy! As part of my recommitment to my blog, I also started an Instagram account to go along with the blog! You can now follow @TheMouskaholic for photos and other fun goodies!
- Earn More Swagbucks for Disney Spending Money- In January I was able to cash in 7500 Swagbucks for $75 Sam’s Club Giftcards, which I will use to purchase Disney Gift cards with. On average in 2016 I saved $48 per month with Swagbucks, so in 2017 I’m doing better than last year’s average. I’ve got a about 800 swagbucks going into February, so I’m hoping to stay above last year’s average and keep saving! If you’re interested in learning more about how to save money for your own disney trip using swagbucks click here!
- Continue to have new experiences at Disney in 2017- I haven’t had my first Disney trip of the year (I say first because I’m always hopeful that they’ll be more than one lol!) I have however booked my summer 2017 trip! I’m super excited because not only is it going to be a nice long trip AND Mr. Mouskaholic and I will be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary while we are there! One aspect of our trip that we have planned is eating at all new restaurants! Every single dining reservation that we have is at a restaurant that we’ve never eaten at! We will be eating at the Spirit of Aloha dinner show, Storybook Princess Dining at Akershus Royal Banquest (Norway at Epcot), Bongos Cuban Cafe, Whispering Canyon Cafe, Yak and Yeti, Chef Mickeys, Cape May Cafe, Rose and Crown Dining Room. I’m sure in addition to all of these new dining experiences I will find some more new things to experience while on our trip 🙂
- Book more trips for Charming Travels LLC- In addition to having my own Disney blog, I am also an independent agent for Charming Travels LLC. I have been with CT since January 2015. I’ve gotten a few more bookings each year. As I look at my stats from last year, I booked 16 Disney trips for various families in 2016. So far for 2017 I have booked 6 trips for different families. I would love to hit at least 20 for 2017, so I’ve gotta keep plugging away and promoting my business! I’m not off to a bad start 🙂
- Run a Half Marathon- I haven’t even started to work on this goal yet. I live in Ohio, so I will blame the weather lol! I have gotten 13 pounds off so that’s less to carry around when I run. This month I want to decide which half to run, and then maybe in March the weather will be better enough to start training!
So that’s my resolution update! Here’s to keeping at it! How are you doing on your resolutions?