I am a frugal person, and one who when on a Disney trip usually only uses the hotel room for sleeping, and the occasional dip in the pool. For the first 8-10 trips to Disney I always stayed at the All Star Resorts. The All Star Resorts are good for their purpose, a room to sleep in and a pool to dip in. Last summer we sprung for a Moderate resort, and I don’t think we will ever look back. We stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter and LOVED it! It was so quiet compared to the All Star Resorts, it was BEAUTIFULLY themed, and the scenery was just breath taking! While we’ve only stayed at All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, and Port Orleans French Quarter, POFQ definitely wins in my mind as my favorite resort.
Perks of staying at POFQ include-
* Beautiful view of the Sassagoula river
* A short walk away from “Boatwrights” (A table service restaurant at Port Orleans Riverside)
* Boat Transportation to Downtown Disney
* The Port Orleans Resort, both Riverside and French Quarter has it’s own “Story”- http://www.portorleans.org/backstory.php (SOOOO much information about the resort on this website!)
* Beignets in the food court for breakfast
* One Bus Stop
Interested in booking your own stay at Walt Disney World? Contact Ashley@charmingtravelsllc.com today for your free quote!