I’ve written In the past about how I LOVE to participate in RunDisney events because these events combine two of my favorite things- running and Disney!!!! With that being said, today is an exciting day because registration will officially open for the Expedition Everest 5k Challenge. The event will be held on Saturday, May 2, 2015. This event is an incredibly unique RunDisney event for several reasons.
1) This is the only RunDisney event that is a stand alone 5k. There are many 5ks held throughout the year on Disney properties, but this event is centered around the 5k rather than a larger event.
2) This event is a night time race. There are only a few other select RunDisney events that are held at night
3) This 5k is also a “challenge event” and includes a few obstacles such as a hay bail jump, tires, and a crawling net.
4) There is a scavenger hunt to complete after you run the 5k. You will be timed separately but the scavenger hunt is part of the “Challenge”
5) This event is held solely on the grounds of the Animal Kingdom park.
6) There is a MASSIVE after party for the participants and select rides are open during the party!
While I’ve never had the opportunity to run this event I interviewed Michael and Tiffiny Wyscarver who participated in the event as a team in 2014. Tiffiny described the event as “Fun, fun, and more fun!” and Michael loved that it was “running through the Animal Kingdom park, obstacles, and a scavenger hunt combined.”
2015 will be the final year that RunDisney offers the Expedition Everest Challenge (which was a disappointment to Michael and Tiffiny). So make sure that if you’re interested in this race that you register quickly! Spaces will more than likely fill quickly because of it being the final year!
If you decide to run this awesome challenge be sure to contact Ashley with Charming Travels LLC to book your trip!