Alright, I am currently training for the Goofy Challenge! When I complete that full marathon it will be my third full marathon at Walt Disney World!!! I’ve only run one full marathon off Disney property, and I assure that it was just not as fun! I decided that it would be a good time to post my top ten reasons to RunDisney (I cannot take credit for all of these… I asked for some input from other Disney runners!)
10. Training for a race at Disney is a great motivator! You can use imagery and imagine that you’re at Disney while you’re training. I personally have LOTS of Disney music in my playlist!!!
9. After I run, my favorite thing to do is EAT! If you run a race at Disney guess what, you get to eat at Disney!!!! (Think of the cupcakes!)
8. You can run in costume without being judged! It isn’t required that you run in costume, but MANY people choose to run in costumes… because, why not?
7. Just like everything that Disney does, their races are WORLD CLASS events! The expo, the course, the entertainment, the water stations- everything is so well organized.
6. There are races for all distances! You can run as little as a 5k at Disney, and all the way up to a full marathon!
5. If you’re a little Goofy, or Dopey even you can run multiple races! Goofy Challenge is a 1/2 marathon and a full marathon on two consecutive days. Dopey Challenge is a 5k, 10k, 1/2 marathon, and full marathon over four consecutive days. There are other special challenges- Dumbo Double Dare, Glass Slipper Challenge, and the Coast to Coast challenge! (Yes there are races both in Florida and California!)
4. If you’re going to run a crazy distance (you know… 13.1 or 26.2 miles) why wouldn’t you want to do it at the happiest place on earth!
3. The BLING is outstanding. The medals that you get from running a Disney race are simply spectacular!
2. You can get your pictures taken with characters along the way! Plus the lines move much quicker than they do at the parks! You can hand your camera off to a cast member, and they will take your picture for you! They know that you wanna get your picture and get back on the move!
1. If you’ve ever been to Disney, it is an incredible NEW way to experience Disney! You’ll see backstage areas that you’ve never seen, and you will never look at the parks the same way!
Check out and register for upcoming races at RunDisney
3 thoughts on “Ten Reasons to RunDisney”
I’m training to run my first Run Disney event next year. I’ve got a question about taking photos with the characters. Do they have PhotoPass/Memory Maker photographers there to take pictures if I don’t bring my camera?
No they do not. There may be some stops that have a pro photographer but is through a separate company. Race photos will be available for purchase, but not through photopass (unless they have changed it since 2012).
LikeLiked by 1 person